Friday 21 September 2018

I Believe

I tried writing this as a spoken word - used it in a sermon

I believe 
-not deceived 
-not opiated 
-not manipulated 
-I believe and I receive 
-a faith as old as story as old as creator 
I believe 
-to keep me here 
-not to dematerialize 
-not to be invisible but indivisible 
-an earth man – a human kind  
-I believe and I receive 
-an identity made not manufactured 
I believe  
-and I enter in 
-the river running deep 
-beyond my knowledge 
-beyond my effort  
believe and I receive  
-wisdom that listens 
I believe  
-faith pouring down 
-raining down 
-drenching ground 
-kneeling down 
believe and I receive 
-grace for my sorrow  
I believe 
-reviving my soul 
-making me stand 
-making me testify 
-not resisting – not persisting in my doubt 
-not holding back –  
believe, and I receive 
I believe -and silence 

No comments:

Post a Comment